- Diameter- Available diameters range from 1 to 16 feet
- Airspeed- Speeds greater than 135 m.p.h. are attainable
- Power Source- A variety of power sources can be used in
lieu of the the Electric Motor used with the working prototype tunnel, including diesel engines or surplus equipment.
- Construction- L-1 can be produced from wood, fiberglass
or steel if preferred, however additional engineering will be required to outfit the installation in this way. The current prototype utilizes steel, concrete & fiberglass in it's construction.
- Maintenance- L-1 wind tunnels are considered virtually
maintenance free, built for running 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
During construction of the prototype, forms and tooling were produced to make the fiberglass parts. Detailed plans were prepared for every part assuring accurate, stable reproduction.
- Options/Features- There were several options built into
the design that you may utilize on your project. Built in lighting, theatrical lighting, audio systems, access doors, spectator seating, and video systems for example.
- Indoor or Outdoor- Our prototype is configured as an
outdoor unit with an open jet, your L-1 can be configured as an indoor VWT exhausting it's air through a hole in the roof. Additionally, the jet can be enclosed in a transparent tube of Lexan or comparable materials.